Sunday, April 19, 2009

9:57 am, 4.19.09

This is where we spread William's ashes. It was a wonderful experience on one of the most beautiful (and hottest) days in the city. This beach meant a lot to William at a very pivotal point in his life. This end of the beach is the most stunning and also a nude beach. Quite a few family members of William's were there, and there were definitely some odd moments.

We wanted a secluded spot so we climbed over the rocks at the far end of the beach. Several people didn't think they were going to make it, but we all worked together and got over them. I think everyone felt really proud that we all worked together to get over the rocks and have our special private moment with just the family.

Then there was the huge wave that soaked everyone just as we were sprinkling the ashes. Thanks for that one William. I know that was you, and I know you are cracking up over it still.

Baker Beach, San Francisco, CA

1 comment:

  1. I just adore this. I'm so glad to have a picture to go with your description. It looks so very lovely. I'm also really happy you felt William with you on this special day.

    ReplyDelete