Tuesday, June 30, 2009

11:47 pm, 6.30.09

This is the only picture I took today of (on the left) my dear friend Jenny and her sweet man, D, and (on the right) their friends visiting from Pennsylvania. We all tried to go to Film on the Rocks, but apparently the Princess Bride is very popular and they sold out. So, we came back to Denver and saw Away We Go at the Mayan instead.

And oh my lord, I LOVED it. I did happen to cry through, well, through pretty much the whole movie because I cry when people love each other. So, go see it, I say. And, I hope that your experience can be as good as mine--watching a movie about real good sweet love sitting next to your own honey and flanked by two couples who also embody that kind of love.

Denver, CO

5 comments:

  1. Um, so I saw Away We Go with my mom, and we loved it too! What a great movie, and what a great couple! So wonderful and funny and sad. I cried too.

    On that same day, with my mom, we also saw The Proposal, which I have to say was shamefully hilarious. I laughed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to go see it. Alas, I'll weep alone, flanked by spilled popcorn and tiresome undergrads. (Actually, I really like going to see movies by myself, especially in the middle of the day.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a movie by myself. It's something I've always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to a movie by myself either, although I wouldn't mind. Tessa, I'd go see it again... although, you might want to see it before we actually have time to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In college, I saw The Pianist by myself...but on top of that, there were only two of us in the theater! It was awkward leaving once the movie was over. I remember feeling like I had to talk to that guy.

    ReplyDelete